Currently, there were two reports that AVG Free Edition may prevent YAPI to display and process signed documents. AVG shows Found Luhe.Exploit.PDF.H error preventing YAPI to access PDF document; YAPI consequently shows error E077. We were able to upload a PDF file to VirusTotal.com to prove false positive. Here is full report. Moreover, we haven’t seen this problem when running on computers protected by other than AVG anti-virus software.
To eliminate false positives in AVG you need to set up an exception in AVG Resident Shield settings, so AVG will ignore files in YAPI runtime folder. Here is how:
Find YAPI shortcut on the Desktop. Right click on the shortcut icon and select Open file location from the context menu. On Windows XP, select Properties then click Open file location at bottom. Copy folder path to the Clipboard.
- Open your AVG program.
- From the Options menu, select Advanced settings.
- In the left pane, select Exceptions.
- In the right pane, click Add exception.
- In the drop-down menu, select exception type – Folder.
- Paste YAPI runtime folder path from the Clipboard..
- Select whether you want to apply the exception also for other AVG components.
- Click OK to save details of the exception.
- Click OK again to save the settings.